Kubernesis Seminars and External Speaking
From time to time we arrange specialist update seminars for people dealing with accounting, constitutional and tax issues in the charity sector. We are also regularly invited to speak at seminars run by other organisations and are very happy to receive such invitations.
External seminars and conferences: Professor Gareth Morgan is invited to speak at a wide range of conferences and training events run by specific charities and professional bodies for their members, staff or other participants. Recent themes include:
- CIOs: Forming New Charities and Converting Existing Bodies (full day seminar for WYCAS and others)
- Charity Trading, Contracts and VAT: Principles and Practice (full day seminar for Community First Yorkshire)
- The SORP Governance Review – Changes ahead for accounting by smaller charities (presentation for Strive, East Lothian)
- An overview of the charity accounting regime in Scotland (presentation for a Japanese delegation hosted by ICAS)
- Charity Independent Examinations: Past, Present and Future (separate presentations for England and for Scotland for ACIE)
- Twenty five years of regulated charity accounting in the UK: five SORPs and a SORP governance review (presentation for a Charity Finance Group conference)
- Charities and membership: some challenges (presentation/discussion for Scottish Third Sector Governance Workshop)
- Using the information in charity accounts: Formats, SORPs, Scrutiny – The UK experience and implications for Ireland (presentation for Benefacts, Dublin)
- Understanding the Scottish Charity Accounting Rules (full day training event for EVOC).
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations: Legal and practical differences between the three UK jurisdictions (presentation for WS Society Charities Conference, Edinburgh).
He is delighted to receive other invitations. Where he is due to be speaking at a forthcoming open event, details will generally be added here with details of how to book.
Kubernesis seminars Our Kubernesis seminars are usually in depth updates, mostly on a full day basis, with a maximum of 14 people to allow plenty of discussion. They are normally arranged around specific changes affecting charities. We do not have any Kubernesis seminars planned at the present time, but watch this page for details, or please get in touch if you have a suggestion.
On-site training for external organisations In addition to our own seminars, we also undertake a good deal of our training work in presentation of external seminars on issues of charity law and financial management – see the examples above. Gareth Morgan is frequently invited to present specialist one day courses for voluntary sector umbrella bodies – or to speak at events organised by other professional firms for their charity clients.
For more details of external training possibilities or if you have a specific request please call 01368 864582 or complete the form on the Contact Us page.